A look inside the Trane XL14i Air Conditioner would show you how every trane air conditioner unit is designed for your family’s comfort. This Trane central Air Conditioning unit was available with either R-22 (Freon) or R-410 (Puron) refrigerant. Get an inside look of what’s Trane XL14i features, benefits and reviews written by consumers.
Equipped with a Climatuff compressor that has an internal temperature and pressure protector, the Trane XL14i also employs an aluminum Spine Fin coil. The coil is completely wrapped in protective material, making it resistant to corrosion, and has all-aluminum brazen joints.
A DuraTuff base made of composite material allows for quick and complete drainage and the WeatherGuard II top protects the unit. The unit’s exterior is coated with a glossy, corrosion-resistant finish and the unit is topped with a XL seacoast shield.
Enclosed by a Quick-Sess cabinet, the refrigerant connections and coil are fully protected, yet because the cabinet offers top and fan removal access is simple. The sound production from the XL 14i is dampened by the low airflow resistance, the insulated compressor and the integrated fan orifice.
The Trane XL14i central air conditioner is an energy-efficient product with several brand-named components. Trane XL14i Available in 1.5 to 5 ton capacities, the now-discontinued XL 14i has up to 15.25 SEER and 9.6 HSPF.
Trane XL14i features
- Efficient performance
The XL14i’s SEER rating of up to 15.00 makes it an energy efficient choice for home comfort.
- Economical operation
Increased efficiency may substantially lower your home cooling costs.
- Improved airflow
Unique Trane engineering provides a low-resistance flow of air for increased comfort throughout your entire home.
- Durable construction
Materials for all components are tested again and again for long-lasting performance and reliability.
- Better indoor air
Add a Trane Air Cleaner to your system for filtering that removes more dust, pollen and other irritants throughout your entire home for a cleaner, healthier, more comfortable home.
Every Trane air conditioner is packed with high-quality components. Each helps ensure that time after time, your unit will provide total comfort your family can rely on.
The XL14i warranty includes:
- Climatuff® Compressor
- Spine Fin™ Outdoor Coil
- Full-Side Louvered Panels
- WeatherGuard II™ Top
- Baked-On Powder Paint
- Corrosion-Resistant WeatherGuard™ Fasteners
- Unique DuraTuff™ Non-Corrosive Basepan
- Unique Mounting of Shaft Down Fan Motor
- Quick-Sess Cabinet with Full Coil Protection
- Sound Insulation on Compressor
Trane XL14i Models
|Model||Nominal Tons||Height (in.)||Width (in.)||Depth (in.)|
Potential energy savings may vary depending on your personal lifestyle, system settings, equipment maintenance, local climate, actual construction and installation of equipment, and duct system.
Trane XL14i Warranty
- Ten-Year Limited Warranty on compressors and outdoor coils
- Ten-Year Limited Warranty on internal functional parts on units installed after October 1, 2001 and manufactured after January 1, 2000.
- If you have an indoor gas furnace, coil or air handler installed at the same time as a XL14i outdoor condensing unit, those units will be covered for ten years on internal functional parts as part of the outdoor unit system warranty.
- Optional Extended Warranties available. Extended warranties cover labor, refrigerant and other costs not covered by Manufacturer’s Limited Warranty, so you are covered for all parts and labor for the lifetime of the warranties.
- Ask for full warranty information at time of purchase. Warranties apply for residential use only.
As part of their continuous product improvement, Trane reserves the right to change specifications and design without notice. Read important energy cost and efficiency information available from your dealer. Add-ons such as indoor/outdoor thermostats are available in Trane XL14i Air Conditioner. Consumers can discuss these additional options with their Trane dealer.