We’re going to talk about the Trane XR16 series home air conditioner. XR series is a step above the Trane XB series, in the way that they have a little bit sleeker design they got a little bit more bells and whistles to them than the XB series. XR16 series comes with the reliability you have come to expect from Trane and the energy efficiency for your home. Trane XR16 air conditioner will ensures that your family has superior comfort all year.
Trane XR 16 has a seer rating of up to 17, making it an excellent choice for home comfort. SEER rating stands for ‘seasonal energy efficiency ratio’, basically the higher the seer rating the more efficient the air conditioner will be and the less power it will consume. Thus giving Trane xr16 unit a lower cost compared to other air conditioner brands.
Trane XR16 Features
- Single Stage Climatuff® compressor.
- Spine Fin™ outdoor coil that help enhance airflow and heat transfer. They resist leaks and corrosion better than the typical copper coils.
- Upgraded fan motor.
- Full-Side louvered panels protect your investment.
- Corrosion-resistant Weatherguard™ fasteners that are Zinc coated for longer life.
- Unique DuraTuff™ non-corrosive base pan that doesn’t crack, corrode, rust or warp.
- Quick-Sess cabinet with full coil protection.
- Sound insulator on the compressor.
- Seer rating up to 17.
- Comes in 2 – 5 ton capacity.
Trane XR16 Central Air Conditioning Systems
|Model||Cooling Capacity (Btuh)||Nominal Tons||Height (In.)||Width (In.)||Depth (In.)|
As we see the Trane XR16 specification above, the unit comes with a precision balanced direct drive fan, that is designed to provide quieter operation and longer product life. This unit features a side discharge, making it ideal for difficult-to-install applications or in tight space requirements where vertical discharge units prove less than optimal. Trane XR16 is ideal for applications on rooftops, under decks or anywhere else in your home space constraints make vertical discharge units impractical.
Trane XR16 Cost
|Model||AC Unit (without Installation)||AC Unit (With Installation)||Estimated Running Cost (based on 2.5 ton AC)*|
Trane XR16 Warranty
The unit also features a 10-year registered limited warranty on the compressor, outdoor coil and all other internal functional parts. As for the compressor, coil and all other internal functional parts, they give a five year warranty. You need to registered the unit in their website in order to claim the warranty.