The GSX14 Goodman 2.5 ton AC unit is Energy-Efficient Split System Air Conditioner Up to 15 SEER, meaning that the unit can cover up a medium-sized home in an ideal temperature. It’s a single-stage air conditioner that provides efficient cooling with a nominal SEER rating up to 15 and 12.5 EER. The savings don’t stop at energy costs though, the Goodman GSX14 2.5 ton AC unit is designed for quick installation and maintenance as well.
Goodman GSX14 14 SEER Air Conditioner uses the environmentally friendly refrigerant R-410A and features the unique Goodman® sound control top design for quiet operation. This Goodman 2.5 ton AC unit also includes advanced components with a attractive louvered metal guard and copper lightweight aluminum fin coil in order to better efficiency. The factory-installed filter drier guards the system from moisture and contaminants.
GSX14 Goodman 2.5 Ton AC Unit Features & Specs
- Energy-efficient compressor
- Single-speed PSC condenser fan motor
- Factory-installed filter drier
- Fully charged for fifteen feet of tubing length
- Contactor with lug connection
- AHRI Certified – ETL Listed
- Ground lug connection
- Copper tube & enhanced aluminum fin coil
|Cooling Capacity BTU||18000 Btu/H|
|Liquid LIine Connection Size||3/8 in|
|Maximum – Voltage||253 V|
|Product Shipping Weight||138.000 lb|
|Type||Split Air Conditioner|
|Comfort Net Compatible||No|
|Tonnage||1.5 – 5 tons|
|Product Height (in.)||25-3/4 in|
|Product Width (in.)||23-1/4 in|
|Product Depth (in.)||23-1/4 in|
GSX14 Goodman 2.5 Ton AC Unit Benefits
- Energy-efficient compressors are designed to efficiently deliver indoor comfort, possibly saving on monthly energy costs.
- A single-speed permanent split capacitor (PSC) condenser fan motor is designed to provide consistent airflow for optimum system performance.
- Filter-driers play a pivotal role in the operation of air conditioning and refrigeration systems. A factory installed filter-drier absorbs and filter”s residual system contaminants and moisture.
- Fully charged with refrigerant sufficient for 15’ of tubing length to assist with easy installation of unit.
- Contractors can securely connect wires with large screw lugs, allowing for quick and solid wiring.
- Copper coil tubing with enhanced aluminum fins increases the area for heat absorption, providing outstanding, energy-efficient heat transfer performance.
The condenser coil of this Goodman 2.5 ton AC unit is designed with aluminum fins and rifled copper tubing to maximize efficiency. The fins and rifling serve to increase surface area, allowing the heat transfer capabilities of the materials to shine. This unit utilizes a high-efficiency scroll compressor to provide refrigerant flow. Scroll compressors are renowned for operating more smoothly and reliably than traditional compressors.
The cabinet of the GSX14 Goodman 2.5 ton AC unit is built to last. Galvanized steel construction, a durable powder paint finish, and a steel coil guard protect your equipment from wear and tear, increasing its longevity. A filter drier is installed in the liquid line of this air conditioner. The filter drier removes moisture and traps impurities, preventing corrosion, freezing, and blockages that can negatively impact the operation of the air conditioner.
The Goodman 2.5 ton AC unit features a three-bladed condenser fan, wire fan discharge grille, and louvered top, all designed to reduce noise levels without compromising performance.
Goodman GSX14 Prices
For a medium-sized home or 1,800 square foot, you would need a Goodman 2.5 ton AC unit which would cost around $3,670 to install. See the full chart of prices by size below:
|AC Unit Size||Home Sq. Ft||AC Unit Only||Installation Cost|
|1.5 ton||600-1000 sf||$1,145||$3,295|
|2 ton||1001-1300 sf||$1,290||$3,490|
|2.5 ton||1301-1600 sf||$1,490||$3,670|
|3 ton||1601-1900 sf||$1,690||$3,850|
|3.5 ton||1901-2200 sf||$1,845||$4,145|
|4 ton||2201-2600 sf||$2,000||$4,420|
|5 ton||2601-3200 sf||$2,590||$5,430|
Goodman 2.5 ton AC unit Warranty
Goodman offers a 2-Year Unit Replacement Limited Warranty and 10-year limited parts warranty when you register your product online within 60 days of installation. An unregistered product has the standard 5-year warranty. See warranty sheet under the Manuals tab for more information.
For a full description of all warranties applicable to this Goodman 2.5 ton AC unit, please review the consumer brochure and warranty certificate or read or post here: Goodman warranty guide.