Today we’re going to be doing a product review on Goodman GSXC18 series air conditioning system. I will be going over the functionality of this product and my professional review on how this Goodman GSXC18 air conditioner might be the right option for you.
The 18 seer Goodman GSXC18 series which may be used in combination with either a AVPTC variable speed multi position air handler or CHPF cased coil with the MBVC Modular Blower.
Goodman brand (member of Daikin group) is one of the largest most reliable manufacturers in supplying high quality air conditioners and affordable HVAC products across the country. Goodman heating and air conditioning systems are designed and engineered and assembled here in the United States. Goodman lives up to its name with its time-tested energy-efficient technology, highly durable materials and precision manufacturing with the best solutions to help keep your home or business comfortable and efficient.
Goodman GSXC18 series comes with factory built-in sensors and has a rating of up to 19 seer. The unit uses the latest generation 2 stage compressor with fewer moving parts for optimal performance. The compressor provides enhanced performance with a revolutionary two step capacity design at lower speeds. The unit runs longer to help reduce the indoor humidity supporting consistent and nor temperature control. The higher speed provides full cooling capacity on the hottest days of the year when you most need it. Combine these and most speeds help deliver steady and consistent cooling compared to single speed compressors.
The innovative Copeland comfort of our built-in diagnostic module gives homeowners peace of mind knowing their systems functionality is constantly being monitored and may provide alerts the cool claw tag. This allows technicians to connect to the system wirelessly via tablet or smartphone. System’s operation comfort bridge technology constantly monitors the system gathers data and uses it to make automatic adjust as needed to minimize the energy use for a comfortable heating and cooling.
Comfort bridge circuit board is factory installed in the indoor unit to work with your Goodman GSXC18 high temperature powder-coated paint finish approved against 500 hours of salt spray.
Goodman GSXC18 Specification
|Country of Origin||USA|
|Equipment Type||Straight Cool|
|Rated Current Amps||45|
|Circuit Breaker – Min Amps||26.3|
|Circuit Breaker – Max Amps||45|
|Minimum Circuit Amps||28.3|
|Maximum Fuse Size||45|
|Condenser Motor HP||1/3 HP|
|Condenser Motor RPM||1000|
|Rated Load Amps||20.4|
|Locked Rotor Amps||122.1|
|Suction Line Fitting||Sweat|
|Suction Line Size (OD)||1-1/8|
|Liquid Line Fitting||3/8″|
|Liquid Line Size (OD)||3/8″|
|Maximum Piping Length||80′|
|Number of Fan Blades||1|
|Sound Level (dBA)||74|
|Energy Star Rated||Yes|
|Metering Device||Thermostatic Expanision Valve (TXV/TEV)|
|Compressor Warranty||Lifetime With Online Registration|
|Parts Warranty||10 Year|
In order to achieve the 18 SEER efficiency this central air conditioner must be installed with the manufacturer recommended evaporator coil, a Goodman variable speed furnace, variable speed air handler, or variable speed modular blower and thermostatic expansion valve (TXV).
Goodman GSXC18 Air Conditioner Features
- High-efficiency two-stage scroll compressor
- High-efficiency two-speed ECM condenser fan motor
- Integrated communicating ComfortBridge™ Technology
- Commissioning and diagnostics via indoor board Bluetooth with the CoolCloud™ phone and tablet application
- Factory-installed filter drier
- Factory-installed transformer
- Factory-installed high and low-pressure switches
- High-density foam compressor sound blanket
- Copeland® ComfortAlert™ built in diagnostics
- Fully charged for 15’ of tubing length
- Factory-installed sensors monitoring coil and ambient temperature
- Contactor with lug connection
- In communicating mode, only two low voltage wires to the outdoor unit are required
- AHRI Certified – ETL Listed
- Ground lug connection
- Color-coded terminal strip for non-communicating set-up
- Copper tube & enhanced aluminum fin coil
- Customized control algorithms
- Heavy-gauge galvanized steel cabinet and louvered coil guards
- Service valves with sweat connections and easy-access gauge ports
- Engineered sound control top design
- Wire fan discharge grille
- Baked-on powder-paint finish with 500-hour salt-spray approval
- Single-panel access to controls with space for field-installed accessories
- Service port and controls are accessible while unit is operating
- Compact footprint
- Rust-resistant screws
- When properly anchored, meets the 2017 Florida Building Code unit integrity requirements for hurricane-type winds (Anchor bracket kits available.)
Goodman GSXC18 Warranty
Let’s go over the warranty offer with this excellently engineered product you could count on a hassle-free 10-year replacement warranty lifetime compressor and 10 year parts from the Goodman manufactured for more information regarding the warranty on this product make sure to visit the this article :
Like other brands in the two-speed air conditioner category, Goodman backs all functional parts in the GSXC18 with a 10-Year limited parts warranty. Where they stand apart from the rest of the crowd is the limited lifetime compressor replacement warranty the GSXC18 comes with. If the compressor ever fails, Goodman will provide a new compressor to the original purchaser.
Goodman’s lifetime compressor warranty does not cover labor or ancillary items required with compressor replacement. Warranty applies to original homeowner/purchaser only.
Goodman GSXC18 my Professional Review
Some of the 2-speed offerings from Trane and Lennox are definitely more popular. You could do a lot worse than the GSXC18 when purchasing a two-stage central air conditioning system. Sitting side by side with some of the more “premium” brand names, you might be hard pressed to find major differences. Considering this model can run as much as $2,000 less than some of its competitors (before rebates and incentives), we think it offers a lot of bang for the buck.