Goodman offers some of the most durable and high efficient Air Conditioner on the market today. The GSXC16 series features the next generation of Copeland® Two-Stage Ultratech scroll compressor. These compressors are rated at 16 seer, which provides improved temperature and humidity control and can help lower your energy bill.
Goodman GSXC16 series is designed for the homeowner who desires in superior comfort, quiet operation, and environmentally friendly air conditioner.
The GSXC16 series is a line of air conditioner that have a nominal SEER rating of 16. Your home’s cooling is more efficient and consistent than it is with a standard single-stage AC unit. GSXC16 is also designed for quick installation and maintenance with advanced components that protect the coil and compressor to ensure the unit’s longevity and your peace-of-mind.
Goodman GSXC16 Air Conditioner Features
- High-efficiency two-stage scroll compressor
- Two-speed PSC condenser fan motor
- ComfortBridge Communications System compatible
- Factory-installed filter drier
- Factory-installed high and low-pressure switches
- High-density foam compressor sound blanket
- Copeland® ComfortAlert built in diagnostics
- Fully charged for fifteen feet of tubing length
- Factory-installed sensors monitoring coil and ambient temperature
- Contactor with lug connection
- In communicating mode, only two low voltage wires to the outdoor unit are required
- AHRI Certified – ETL Listed
- Ground lug connection
- Color-coded terminal strip for non-communicating set-up
- Copper tube & enhanced aluminum fin coil
- Customized control algorithms
- Wire fan discharge grille
- Steel louver coil guard
- Baked-on powder paint finish
- Rust-resistant coated screws
- Compact footprint
- Top and side maintenance access
- Single-panel access to controls with space provided for field-installed accessories
- When central air conditioner is properly anchored, meets the 2010 Florida Building Code unit integrity requirements for hurricane-type winds
Goodman GSXC16 Specification
|Type||Split Air Conditioner|
|Cooling Capacity BTU||23400 Btu/H|
|Tonnage||2 – 5 tons|
|Liquid Line Connection Size||253 V|
|Comfort Net Compatible||Yes|
In order to achieve the 17 SEER efficiency, Goodman GSXC16 central air conditioner must be installed with the manufacturer recommended evaporator coil, a Goodman variable speed furnace, variable speed air handler, or variable speed modular blower and TXV.
Goodman GSXC16 Price
Goodman GSXC16 are known for being cheaper in price range, but still being a good A/C. If you wanted to install Goodman GSXC16 AC unit you could expect to pay around $6,000 in total installation costs.
|Models||System Cost Range||Total Cost Range|
|Goodman DSXC16 2-stage||$2,050 – $3,500||$3,500 – $6,500|
Goodman GSXC16 Review
Goodman has managed to earn a positive review, primarily due to its low prices, good quality, and excellent warranties.
- Low Price but reliable
- Outstanding warranties
- Good after sales service
- Energy Star rated
- R-410 refrigerant
- All aluminum coil
- Labor is not covered beyond the first year
- Quality of Contractor Varies Widely
- There are more efficient ACs in the market as well in terms of SEER rating
Goodman GSXC16 Warranty
Goodman GSXC16 warranty includes a lifetime compressor warranty, 10-year unit replacement warranty, and a 10-year parts warranty.
In order to receive the 10-Year Unit Replacement Limited Warranty, Lifetime Compressor Limited Warranty (good for as long as you own your home) and 10-Year Parts Limited Warranty, online registration must be completed within 60 days of installation. Online registration is not required in California or Quebec.