Our team has found the Trane XE1000 Manual pdf guides for this product! We hope it helps solve your problem with Trane XE1000 Heat Pump and Air Conditioner.
To keep you protected, Trane offers the Extended Warranty Program for Trane XE1000. It picks up right where your Trane limited warranty leaves off. And, it offers years and years of reliable protection at a low cost. Ask your dealer for program details.
The Trane Extended Warranty provides:
- The opportunity to supplement your Limited Warranty for five or ten years.
- Coverage that may include parts only or parts and labor for the duration of the agreement. Be certain you read the Extended Warranty for complete details and exclusions.
- Service work performed by servicers knowledgeable of the operation of Trane equipment.
Before you call for service for your trane xe1000, please check the following:
|Insufficient heating or cooling
|dirty filters air not circulating freely blocked outdoor coil
|clean or replace check supply registers and return grills for blockage clear away leaves or other debris
|Failure to operate
|power off open circuit breaker or burned-out fuses improperly adjusted thermostat
|make sure main switch is in ON position reset circuit breaker, or replace burned-out fuses check setting, adjust thermostat
|No Heating or Cooling – Blower does not operate
|Blower door removed or ajar
|Close door securely to restore power to blower
|Call Your Local Service
How to Operate Your System for Peak Performance
Setting the Temperature
Place the system switch on COOL, and the fan switch on AUTO. Then set the temperature by using the indicator on the thermostat control. Now your system will cool your house whenever the indoor temperature climbs above the thermostat setting. It will shut off when the desired room temperature is reached. In winter, it works the same way.
When the system switch is on HEAT, the system will operate whenever the room temperature falls below the temperature setting. Once the desired temperature is reached, the system will shut off. Save energy with an electronic programmable thermostat. Program the thermostat for the temperatures that meet your comfort level. The Trane electronic programmable thermostat has up to four setup or setback periods each day, plus weekend and vacation programs.
Let the Thermostat do its Job
Your trane xe1000 will perform most efficiently when you let the thermostat control it. Turning the system on and off manually is usually much less efficient. So let the thermostat do its job. We recommend keeping the temperature setting at 78°F for cooling, 68°F for heating. However, you can select the temperature that meets your comfort level. The point is, once you’ve set the thermostat, keep subsequent adjustments to a minimum. When you’re going to be away from home for a few days, or when outdoor temperatures are moderate, don’t let the air conditioner run unnecessarily.
Lower the thermostat to 55°F in the winter. And raise it to 85°F in summer. Then when you return, or when temperature conditions dictate, you can reset the system and it will resume making your home comfortable again.
Never stop the system by shutting off the main power. If the main power is ever disconnected for more than three hours, turn off the thermostat. Then wait for at least three more hours after the power has been restored before turning the thermostat back on. Failure to follow this procedure could result in damage to your system.
If heating system is not operational during the cold weather months, provisions must be taken to prevent freeze-up of all water pipes and water receptacles. This is very important during times of vacancy
How to Help Reduce Summer Humidity
In summer, your trane xe1000 air conditioner does more than cool the air — it helps remove the excess moisture, that can make the inside of your home feel muggy. When removing this moisture your system must work harder than when simply cooling the air. That’s why kitchens, bathrooms and utility rooms should have vents and exhaust fans. These devices help prevent accumulation of moisture throughout the rest of the house so your air conditioner works less to keep you comfortable.
Tips to Reduce Energy Consumption with your trane xe1000 air conditioner. Heat pump and/or air conditioning system, depending on where you live, are the most home energy consumption activities. Here is our extensive list of tips to greatly reduce you energy consumption via central air conditioning.
You may not be able to use all these tips but you could certainly employ a number of them.
Trane xe1000 Extra Energy Tips
- Make sure your home is properly insulated. This is the single most important step in conserving energy. Thermal insulation should be specified in terms of thermal resistance (R-values). R-30 (10″) is recommended for ceilings, R-11 (3-1/2) for exterior walls and floors over unheated areas. In colder climates, consider additional insulation.
- Infiltration of humid outside air is your heating and cooling system’s worst enemy – it could account for 15 to 30% of air conditioning energy requirements. Find the places where air can sneak into the home and plug them with caulking, weather stripping or plastic. Also, weather strip and caulk around all entrance doors and windows.
- Cut heat transfer through your windows by 40 to 50% with double glazing (two panes of glass separated by a sealed air space) and low-e glass.
- Use wood- or metal-frame storm windows even if single-glazed windows are high quality. The extra layer of glass and the layer of still air will cut heat transfer considerably.
- Install storm doors at all entrances to your house.
- Keep all windows and doors closed.
- Remember that by increasing the glass area, you increase the amount of heat added in summer and lost in winter.
- Make sure fireplaces have tight- fitting dampers which can be closed when the fireplace is not in use.
- Invest in a humidifier to conserve energy in winter. The air in your home won’t be as dry, so you stay comfortable at a lower temperature setting.
- Locate the thermostat on an inside wall away from windows and doors.
- Set the thermostat as low as comfort permits. Each degree over 68°F can add 3% to the amount of energy needed for heating.
- People generate heat. So lower the thermostat a degree or two when expecting a large group of guests.
- Set the thermostat as high as comfort will permit.
- Make sure attics are adequately ventilated to relieve heat buildup. If necessary, improve airflow by adding or enlarging vents.
- When building a new house or renovating an old one, choose light-colored roof shingles to reflect more of the sun’s heat.
- During moderate weather, don’t use the air conditioner unnecessarily.
- Draw blinds or drapes to block the sunlight during the hottest part of the day.
- Install awnings over windows exposed to direct sunlight.
- In the cooling season, don’t run kitchen and bath exhaust fans longer than necessary.
- Don’t place lamps, TV sets or other heat producing devices beneath a wall-mounted thermostat. Rising heat from the equipment may cause the air conditioner system to over cool your house.
A Trane xe1000 central air conditioner is not a house-hold appliance. It’s a self-contained system that requires professional maintenance and repair. That’s why attempts at “do-it-yourself” repairs on an in-warranty unit may void the remainder of your warranty. Other than performing the simple maintenance recommended in this trane xe1000 manual, you should not attempt to make any adjustments to your central air conditioning system. Your dealer will be able to take care of any questions or problems you may have about Trane xe1000.
Help ensure top efficiency by cleaning or replacing the filter monthly. When the air conditioner circulates and filters the air in your home, dust and dirt particles build up on the filter. Excessive accumulation can block the airflow, forcing the unit to work harder to maintain desired temperatures. And the harder your unit works, the more energy it uses.
Clean or replace your filter twice a month during seasons when the unit runs more often. When replacing your filter(s), always use the same size and type that was originally supplied. Filters are available from your dealer. Where disposable filters are used, they must be replaced every month with the same size as originally supplied.
How to remove your filter? Ask your Trane dealer where the filter is located in your system and how to service it. Just be sure to replace it with the arrows pointing in the direction of the airflow. Efficiency can be maintained by keeping outdoor unit clear of debris, leaves and shrubbery. Efficient operation of your air conditioner depends on the free flow of air over the coil. Anything that blocks the airflow, causes the compressor to work harder to move the warm air out of your house.
To avoid overworking your unit, do not plant flowers or shrubbery right next to it. Also, make sure that nothing is stacked against the sides of the unit or draped over it. Making sure your outdoor unit is kept clear at all times helps it work at peak efficiency.
Trane xe1000 Proper Maintenance for Maximum Efficiency
To prevent injury, death, or property damage, read and follow all instructions and warnings, including labels shipped with or attached to unit before operating your new air conditioning system.
Disconnect all electrical power to the indoor air handler or furnace before removing access panels to perform any maintenance. Disconnect power to both the indoor and outdoor units. NOTE: There may be more than one electrical disconnect switch. Electric shock can cause personal injury or death.
Although special care has been taken to minimize sharp edges in the construction of your unit, be extremely careful when handling parts or reaching into the unit.
Improper installation, adjustment, alteration, service, maintenance, or use can cause explosion, fire, electrical shock, or other conditions which may cause personal injury or property damage. Consult a qualified installer or service agency for information or assistance. The qualified installer or agency must use factory-authorized kits or accessories when modifying this product as per trane xe1000 manual.
Keep your air conditioner looking new for years. Clean the enamel finish of your air conditioner with soap and water. For stubborn grease spots, use a household detergent. Do not use lacquer thinner or other synthetic solvents as they may damage the finish. Call your dealer for additional routine maintenance
Your air conditioning system should be inspected regularly by a properly trained service technician. The inspection (preferably twice each year, but at least once a year) should include the following:
- Routine inspection of air filter(s). Replacement or cleaning as required.
- Inspection and cleaning of the blower wheel, housing, and motor as required.
- Inspection and, if required, cleaning of indoor and outdoor coils.
- Inspection of the indoor coil drain pan, plus the primary and secondary drain lines. If supplied, the auxiliary drain pan and line should be inspected at this time. Service should include cleaning, if required.
- A check of all electrical wiring and connections.
- A check for secure physical connections of individual components within units.
- Operational check for the air condi- tioning system to determine actual working condition. Necessary repair and/or adjustment should be per- formed at this time.
- Your servicing dealer may offer an economical service or preventative maintenance agreement that covers seasonal inspections. Ask your dealer for further details.
Condensate drains should be checked and cleaned periodically to assure condensate can drain freely from coil to drain. If condensate cannot drain freely, water damage could occur.
If heating system is not operational during the cold weather months, provisions must be taken to prevent freeze-up of all water pipes and water receptacles. This is very important during times of vacancy.
You can get the trane xe1000 manual pdf book from the trane official website.