Trane XE1000 Air Conditioner is a residential unit meant for whole-home cooling and air conditioning. The air conditioner also filters the air and removes excess moisture from the air, acting as a dehumidifier as well as a cooling unit. You can buy Trane air conditioners from authorized dealers as well as select heating and cooling supply stores and online. The units carry limited warranties. Service calls may be avoided, however, if you perform some trane xe1000 troubleshooting for minor problems.
Trane Xe1000 Troubleshooting Chart
Connect the Trane air conditioner to a live power outlet if it isn’t operational. Reset or replace the fuse or circuit breaker if needed.
Clear the area around the air conditioner of bushes, leaves, dirt, or debris if the machine seems to be running constantly or not cooling well. Remove the cover from the air conditioner when the unit is in use and ensure that objects are not stacked against the unit. Debris and other material can reduce the air flow and reduce overall productivity.
Clean the filter if the air conditioner is not maintaining an accurate cooling temperature. Turn it off and unplug it, and then open the main access panel. Slide out the filter and clean with a few drops of dish washing liquid and cold water. Rinse well and air dry completely. Restore the filter in the air conditioner with the arrows pointed in the air flow direction.
Use a mild household cleaner to remove grease spots on the air conditioner exterior. Avoid using chemical or solvents to clean the unit, as these can damage the finish.
Completely close the blower door if the air conditioner has power but isn’t working. Turn the thermostat to a lower setting and allow time for the air conditioner to function.
How to Troubleshoot a Trane Air Conditioner Fan that Does Not Turn On
Trane XE1000 Air Conditioners provide central cooling that can turn a hot and muggy day into a cool breeze. If your unit’s fan is not working efficiently or at all, however, your unit’s overall performance can diminish. Improper settings, problems with the circuit breaker and freezing condenser coils are some of the common issues likely to interfere with your air conditioner’s fan.
Before calling an expert, perform a few troubleshoot a Trane XE1000 and maintenance steps.
- Make your unit is on. Check your thermostat and make sure it is in the “Cool” position. If your thermostat is not working or if you see a low battery warning on your unit’s display, insert new batteries into the battery compartment.
- Check your outdoor unit for signs of water if the fan is still not turning on. Check under the unit and the cold exterior surface of the indoor coil enclosure. If your system has frozen up, turn off your thermostat for one to three hours to see if it unfreezes. Contact a qualified technician if your unit does not unfreeze.
- Locate your home circuit breaker box. It is usually located in the basement, attic or kitchen. The location varies depending on the house. Turn the circuit breaker off and then turn it back on. This resets it. Contact a qualified technician if you do not feel comfortable dealing with the circuit breaker.
- Check your thermostat’s settings if the fan is still not working. Adjust the temperature. If the thermostat is not working, press the “Reset” button to restore the default settings
- Open the filter compartment on your outdoor unit and remove the filter. Remove dirt and debris. Reinsert the filter. If your filter is damaged, purchase a new one from appliance or hardware stores and insert it into the filter compartment. Replacing the filter varies with different Trane units, so refer to your Trane XE1000 user manual.
How to Replace a Trane XE1000 Capacitor
The Trane XE1000 capacitor is used in air conditioning units. The capacitor is used to supply extra power for peak times, which avoids a surge or short. Over time, the capacitor can become worn or rusted and may stop functioning. It will then need to be replaced.
Capacitors are inexpensive and the installation takes only a few minutes. Always make sure to discharge the old capacitor after it is removed.
Instructions how to replace Trane XE1000 Capacitor :
- Disconnect power to the air conditioner from the main line. This may involve turning off the breaker.
- Remove the housing at the back of the A/C unit. There should be screws at the bottom of the unit.
- Locate the capacitor. The capacitor is a cylinder 1 foot high and 3 inches in diameter. It should have two wires connected to it. One will be connected to a terminal marked “+”, the other will be connected to a terminal marked with a “-” symbol.
- Disconnect the negative wire first. Remember which wire is positive and which is negative.
- Disconnect the positive wire.
- Remove the capacitor from the mounting bracket. It should pop right out when lifted.
- Insert a new capacitor into the mounting bracket.
- Connect the positive wire to the capacitor.
- Connect the negative wire to the capacitor.
- Close the housing.
- Reconnect power. Turn on the unit to test the connection.
- Discharge the old capacitor. Connect jumper cables to the capacitor’s positive and negative terminals. Connect the cables to something that will drain the power, such as a 200K resistor.