If you’re looking to purchase an air conditioning unit for your home, you might want to consider at what Bryant Preferred Series Air Conditioner 126B has to offer. With this central air conditioner, you can cut your bills yet still enjoy reliable total home comfort. Bryant 126B is up to 16 SEER rating delivers energy efficient, economical operation that’s as quiet as operating your dishwasher.
Bryant is in fact a brand that is owned by United Technologies Corporation (UTC), which somehow also owns Carrier. As a mid-range priced AC brand, Bryant offers homeowners a lot in the way of high-efficiency central air conditioners. Wide array of innovative features and benefits to add a level of depth and diversity to their products, Bryant places a heavy focus on quiet operation and energy efficiency.
Bryant is not just a manufacturer of AC units but is more of a comprehensive HVAC brand. Instead of Bryant 126B, you may as well install an AC, gas furnace, thermostat and indoor air quality equipment from the Bryant brand and you’ll have an interlinked system. This helps you to maximize performance and energy efficiency.
Bryant central AC units are a great option if you are looking for a model that features better than average efficiency. Just like any others Bryant models, Bryant 126B boast ENERGY STAR® certification while remaining relatively affordable for many homeowners.
Bryant Preferred Series Features
Here are the key features of the Bryant Preferred Series AC 126B:
- Up to 16 Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating.
- Energy Star and Tax credit eligible.
- Single-stage scroll compressor.
- Compressor blanket for reduced noise – total db of just 72.
- Uses Puron refrigerant that won’t harm the environment.
- Use standard thermostat or the Bryant Thermidistat for enhanced humidity control.
- High pressure and low pressure switches protect the performance and longevity of the compressor.
- DuraGuard and DuraFlow systems on the cabinet for protection and air flow.
- Units available from 1.5 to 5.0 ton cooling capacity (18K to 60K Btu).
- 10-year limited comprehensive parts warranty.
Bryant 126B Specification in Detail
- Efficiency: Up to 16.5 SEER
- Warranty: 10-year parts limited warranty upon registration
As an ENERGY STAR partner, Bryant has determined that Preferred™ Line Model 126B air conditioners that achieve system combinations of 14.5 SEER and 12.0 EER or higher meet the ENERGY STAR guidelines for energy efficiency.
- Quiet Level: As low as 72 dB
- Features: Compressor blanket, 8-pole fan motor
- Controls: Supported Thermidistat™, Standard Thermostat
- Refrigerant: Puron® Refrigerant
- Compressor: Scroll
- Cooling Capacity (tons): 1.5 – 5
- Pressure Switches: High and Low
- Protection: DuraGuard™ system
- Construction: Galvanized steel
- Paint: Powder-coated complete coverage
- Coil Guard: DuraFlow™ louvered grille
Bryant 126B Price
The Bryant Preferred 126B is the mid range cost option for homeowner who wants a better energy efficiency level at 16 SEER and would like the option for a 1 or 2 stage compressor. A standard efficiency 16 SEER Bryant Preferred 126B 3 ton air conditioning price is around $5,350.
- Bryant Preferred Series Model 126B 3.0 ton air conditioner: $2,750
- Installation: $2,600.
- Total: $5,350.
If you register for your Bryant 126B warranty within the 90 day grace period from when you purchase, you’ll get a competitive warranty for your HVAC system. The most common Bryant warranty is the 10 year Standard Parts Limited Warranty.
Like most AC brands, Bryant 126B has its fair share of satisfied and pissed customers. Bryant is what you would consider a mid tier priced air conditioning brand, they have reliable HVAC units across the board. They offer budget friendly options and are manufactured by the same company that makes the brands Carrier. Finding a top-quality contractor who knows the models you’ve chosen and has experience installing it is the best way to enjoy peak performance, high efficiency and outstanding durability. Always select a qualified contractor for your installation and you’ll save money in the long-run through peak efficiency and durability.