When it comes to choosing the best gas furnace there is one area where all consumers must pay close attention – energy efficiency! Gas furnaces depended upon to heat an entire home during periods of cold weather.
Choosing the best gas furnace is crucial to keeping your home comfortable, even on the extrem weather. Gas is the most common heating fuel and this article will explain what you need to consider when choosing a new gas furnace for your home.
What Makes the Best Gas Furnace?
Instead of choosing best gas furnace based upon criteria such as price, name brand, or model. It is more important to look at the efficiency of the fuel that you will use. By taking steps to increase your energy efficiency, you’ll find that your gas furnace will be the best that it can be.
The first step in choosing an energy efficient gas furnace is to look for a model than has the EPA/DOE Energy Star. When you see the registered trademark Energy Star you can be sure that it is more efficient than other models. Therefore, anytime you see the Energy Star logo, you can rest assured that you are purchasing the best furnace for your home.
It’s also important to discuss the energy efficient furnace that you are interested in installing with a contractor that you trust. A qualified and experienced contractor will ensure that the gos furnace you select is the proper size for your heating needs. And will also ensure that your system will installed properly. In fact, you may find that choosing a contractor who specializes in Energy Star furnaces is the best way to ensure that it provides you with the benefits that you need.
A new model of gas furnaces are becoming increasingly energy efficient, which makes them better for the environment. And the most important, it can reduce the utility costs. New modern gas furnaces display an Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) rating, which is a measure of fuel efficiency. Gas furnaces with higher AFUE ratings typically cost more, but they can reduce the overall cost of heating your home.
The best gas furnace must be the one that converts the most amount of the fuel that you purchase for heating your home. When you see the Energy Star rating and see number such as 85-93% efficient, you can rest assured that between 85-93% of your fuel dollars would be spent heating your home.
The total price of a new gas furnace depends on the unit itself and installation costs. Gas furnaces are generally more expensive to than electric furnaces.
|Brands||Gas Furnace Price|
|Day & Night||$1,750|
In the gas furnace price table above, we compare the gas furnace with these parameters: 90% AFUE, and 70,000-75,000 BTU size.
The Best Gas Furnace by Brands
The following list shows the highest-rated gas furnaces based on the average of consumer satisfaction ratings. They all operate at above a 90% AFUE when properly installed, and promise the most value for you home heating budget.
Trane Gas Furnace
Trane Gas Furnace Features
- ComfortLink™ II communicating capability that enables your system to automatically charge, configure and calibrate
- Variable-speed blower motor that results in even, comfortable heating
- Heavy gauge, two-tone powder-painted cabinet
- Increased dehumidification with Comfort-R™
- Warranties: With Trane, you have a choice of three different warranties, depending on how much you want to pay and how much coverage you desire. More on Trane warranty: Click Here
Goodman Gas Furnace
Goodman Gas Furnace Features
- Integrated communicating ComfortBridge™ Technology
- Commissioning and diagnostics via onboard Bluetooth
- Heavy-duty aluminized-steel tubular heat exchanger
- Stainless-steel secondary heat exchanger
- Self-calibrating modulating gas valve auto-configured for each installation
- Warranties: The heat exchangers comes with a Lifetime Limited Warranty and a 10-Year Limited Parts Warranty on all functional parts.
Lennox Gas Furnace Features
- Ranging as low as the Canadian minimum of 92% AFUE and as high as 98.7%AFUE in energy efficiency.
- Broad range of ENERGY STAR rated models and units.
- Power Saver™ : the most advanced state if the art Variable Speed brushless DC ECM motor (33% more efficient than a conventional furnace motor)
- SilentComfort™ Technology, (furnaces are averagely 50% quieter than competitor furnaces)
- I-COMFORT technology enables complete remote access and supervision of the system and is able to send notices to your contactor and technician directly. Capable of self diagnosis, wifi enabled, touch screen thermostat and many more options.
Rheem Gas Furnace
Rheem Gas Furnace Features:
- PlusOne™ Diagnostics 7-Segment LED all units
- PlusOne™ Ignition System – DSI for reliability and longevity
- PlusOne™ Water Management System with patented Blocked Drain
- Heat exchanger is removable for improved serviceability
- Warranties: Conditional parts come with a 10-year warranty and the heat exchanges comes with a 20-year warranty.
Tips for Choosing Gas Furnace
When choosing the best gas furnace, it is imperative to ensure that you pay close attention to the entire heating system. Since you essentially will not be able to judge the efficiency of the system until it is installed, it is imperative to choose one from a company that is reputable. And make certain that you trust the contractor who installs the furnace for you. You can compare ratings with groups such as consumer reports.
Checking customer reviews can assist you find the best furnace for your home or office. Look for customer who are located in a home of a similar in a similar weather conditions to yours. Customer Reviews could also give information relating to the furnace’s reliability, common problems and standard repair costs.
This is a great way to determine which gas furnace brand has performed the best for your home. However, you should only use this information as a starting point. When it comes to choosing the best gas furnace for your needs, you’ll find that it is more important to work with a trustworthy contractor then to choose a particular brand. You’ll also find that it is a wise idea to call several contractors or HVAC experts and compare estimates.