All Bard HVAC has a unique identity made up of a serial and model number. There are a few different styles of Bard serial numbers. Here I will show you how to find the Bard serial number and decode every character.
Bard HVAC serial number is crucial to determine your unit’s age or the year of manufacture. You may also need the serial number in hand to verify the warranty status.
Bard Serial Number Location
A serial number is usually a combination of letters and numbers. Bard serial number is located in the sticker plate or information tag. An “S/N: ” will usually denote the serial number.
How to Read Bard Serial Number Nomenclature
Unlike other brands, Bard still uses the old format in writing the year of manufacture of their product. To identify the Bard HVAC age from the serial number, you must decipher some letters and/or numbers.
There are three main Bard serial number styles that we usually encounter. Here we provide a serial number example and how to decode it.
Serial Number #123456AB – Eight character Serial number begins with six numerical digits followed by two-letter digits. This style is used from 1962 to March 1980.
- The first six numerical digits are the Unit Identity numbers.
- The first letter is the month of manufacture. The letter A in the sample represents January.
- The second letter is the year of manufacture. The letter B in the sample represents 1962.
To decode the letter in Bard serial number above, follow the guideline below:
|A = January||B = 1962|
|B = February||C = 1963|
|C = March||D = 1964|
|D = April||E = 1964|
|E = May||F = 1966|
|F = June||G = 1967|
|G = July||H = 1968|
|H = August||Letter I was not used|
|Letter I was not used||J = 1969|
|J = September||K = 1970|
|K = October||L = 1971|
|L = November||M = 1972|
|M = December||N = 1973|
|O = 1974|
|P = 1975|
|Letter Q was not used|
|R = 1976|
|S = 1977|
|T = 1978|
|U = 1979|
|V = 1980|
Serial Number #123BA456789 – Eleven character Serial number that begins with three numerical digits followed by two-letter digits and ends with six numerical digits. This style was used only in April & May 1980.
- The first three digits are the Compressor Part Number.
- The first letter is the month of manufacture. The letter B in the sample represents February.
- The second letter is the year of manufacture. The letter A in the sample represents 1980.
- The last six numerical digits represent the Unit Identity Number.
Serial Number #123A98123456789 – Fifteen character Serial number that begins with three numerical digits followed by a letter and eleven numerical digits. This was used from June 1980 to current.
- The first three numerical digits are the Compressor Part Number.
- The fourth letter digit is the month of manufacture. The letter A in the sample represents January.
- The fifth and sixth numerical digits are the year of manufacture. The number 98 in the sample represents 1998.
- The other numerical digits are the Unit Identity numbers.
|A = January|
|B = February|
|C = March|
|D = April|
|E was not used|
|F = May|
|G was not used|
|H = June|
|Letter I was not used|
|J = July|
|K = August|
|L = September|
|M = October|
|N = November|
|O was not used|
|P = December|
For Bard HVAC that are manufacture in year 2000 to present, the year 2000 started the numerical numbering from 00 (00 = 2000; 01 = 2001; 02 = 2002, etc.).
If you cannot identify Bard HAVC age from serial number, drop your comment below, and we will be happy to help you.