Amana serial number lookup are identical to a Goodman serial number. The same styles/formats are used in their AC and/or Furnace data plate and You may even see the Goodman Company name on it. Here we have an example Amana serial number styles and how to decode it.
Amana serial number is very useful to know when the unit was manufactured. Homeowners are often curious about the age of their Amana air conditioner and/or Amana heat pumps. We provided this article to try to help you identify the Amana HVAC age from their serial number. The number is short and simple to lookup.
How to Decode Amana Serial Number
The first four numbers of the Amana serial number represent the year and the month of manufacture. The following is an example of Amana Serial Number and how to determine the age from it.
Example serial number styles found in Amana HVAC
#0109145052 (10 character all numerical digit Serial number)
- Year of manufacture is 1st & 2nd combined digits.
- Month of manufacture is 3rd & 4th combined digits.
- From the serial number above, we can know that the unit was manufacture in September 2001.
#96-90391 (8 digits -including dash- serial number)
- The date of manufacture is coded in the 1st two digits of serial number and represent the year of production.
- From the serial number above, we can know that the unit was manufacture in 1996.
#040590391 (9 character all numerical serial number)
- The date of manufacture is coded in the 1st four digits of serial number and represent the year and month of production.
- From the serial number above, we can know that the unit was manufacture in May 2004.
Amana Serial Number Location
The Amana Serial Number is located on the exterios AC data plate. As I state above, Amana data plates is identical to a Goodman data plate. It’s located on the top rear area of the unit. You can find the data plate by removing the top-front service panel and looking to the left side of the exterior AC/Furnace unit.
Amana is one of the United States’ oldest HVAC brands. Amana is owned by Goodman, and Goodman has been owned by Daikin since 2012.
If you’re still having difficulty finding the Amana serial number location, or if it has been removed by the time, call Amana’s customer service. Once you know the Amana AC age or when the unit was made, write it down on the Amana’s related documents for easy reference later.
I hope this article helps you that are having difficulty in how to read the Amana serial number lookup.